Zero turn lawn mowers are great pieces of equipment for lawn care, but they can be quite expensive. Companies have used them for a long time, but companies can afford buying thousands of dollars machineries, because they have a budget to go around. As a budget minded consumer, and a clever one, you need to learn all the tricks and tips for hunting down the best deals. If you afford to wait a little and learn about all the necessary info on riding lawn mowers and zero turn lawn mowers, you can save a lot of money, and put some in your pocket, instead of throwing them of the window.
Where to Shop
Lawn mowers are sold on different venues, but the main idea is to find the one that suits best your requirements. For instance, if you know a little about repair, and you are technically inclined by nature, you may not be that interested in maintenance and repair services. For you, the best places to shop for zero turn lawn mowers are large chain shops that often offer discounts on their best sellers, and hot and popular items. The price for a certain zero-turn type of mower may be lower than you expect, because these stores are dealing with a large amount of sales. On the other hand, if you want to have where to go for repairs, it is recommended that you go to a lawn equipment specialist, that may ask for a higher price than what you see in chain like stores, but also offers maintenance and repair services.
You should never forget about online dealers. Zero turn lawn mowers gain more and more popularity each day, and online retailers cut their own part of the deal. Go for the most reputed dealers, though, as you do not want to get yourself entangled in a shady business, and ending with your money taken for nothing.
When to Shop
Knowing where to shop for the best deals is one thing, but you can score a great deal if you know when to shop as well. Buying in full blown lawn season – that, by national agreement, is between March and May – is not such a great idea, because sellers take advantage of the fact that everybody searches for the same items in the same time, and they rarely lower the prices during these months. Buying off season can bring you an up to 25% reduction in price, and you can afford buying a model that you have never thought about during the lawn season. Also, if you want to score a good deal, you can go for an uncrated, or a discontinued model that sellers want to get rid of. Still, pay attention to details, and see if the uncrated items are somehow damaged. Ask your local seller if they know about some clearance sales, and to notify you of such upcoming events, so you can buy a zero turn lawn mower at only a fraction of the price.
As you can see, it is worth paying a little attention to details, in order to save money of lawn care equipment. Even zero turn lawn mowers can be bought at amazing prices, if you know where and when to shop.
Unlike the hassle of changing flat car tires, replacing riding lawn mower tires is easier and simpler although it depends on the area the mower is as the tires are changed. This is because you do not carry a spare tire while you are mowing. As such, it can be disappointing if you are mowing at a distance from where the spare tire of your riding lawn mower is.
On the other hand, if you are replacing riding lawn mower tires, you should make sure of your safety first. Changing a flat car tire is not as perilous as changing riding lawn mower tires. You should first consider a few things before changing mower tires.
First, you have to make sure that the lawn mower sits on a flat surface. If you are on a raised terrain as the tire goes out, make sure you find a way to bring the mower to a safer area that is flat level.
Once the mower is already on a flat surface, you can start replacing the riding lawn mower tires. Take off the tire and clean it to eliminate any debris or dirt that covers the lug nuts. Then, you can already loosen the lug nuts after cleaning the tire. Make sure that the wheel is on the ground when you loosen the lug nuts.
Have the jack lift the mower and take off the lug nuts completely. Make sure you are able to block the rear wheels to avoid the mower rolling backwards as you lift with the jack. Set aside the flat tire and take it for repair or buy a new tire.
Once you have inflated that tire, put it back to the mower and secure the lug nuts finger tight. Once you bring down the mower with the jack, tighten the lug nuts to make sure the wheel does not come off while in use.
A string trimmer or also known as line trimmer, weed whacker or weed eater is a type of tool that utilizes flexible mono-filament line as a substitute for blades in cutting weeds, grasses and other plants that you want to remove. It usually comprised of a head for cutting at the end-part of the long shaft that contains handle for great comfort.
If you are about to purchase a type of string trimmer for your gardening works, then it is advisable to know first its different types. Usually, this product has 3 main types and it includes the following:
- Battery: This is a type of string trimmer that functions through the use of rechargeable batteries. It is usually cordless type. So, it can be utilized anywhere inside your garden or yard.
- Electric: Some string trimmers are corded type. So, it has wires to be connected from the gadget to the outlet. It uses electricity to function. But, you can also recharge the batteries and use it to your future works.
- Gas-powered: This type is quite expensive, but it provides high performance level. It has a huge tank which can be filled with gas for optimal function.
Any of these three types are good to use for your gardening tasks. However, you need to choose if what particular type is necessary to your needs and wants.
What is the Best String Trimmer?
If you are still looking for the best string trimmer in the marketplace, then you may upgrade now your ways and approaches on how you trim weeds and grasses in your garden. Actually, there are so many types of string trimmers which will be good for you since there is a wide array of selections when it comes to this kind of product. Keep in touch on the succeeding discussions and you will be able to know more about the top 3 products that are nice for you.
Top 3 Best Choice for You
Now, are you highly satisfied? If yes, then it is now the time to move forward and explore the top rated and quality products to be used in your gardening works. We have narrowed down your choices depending on the features, warranty period and customer satisfaction. Thus, we arrived at the top 3 string trimmers which will be nice for you. Please refer to the following product reviews.
Earthwise CVPH41018 18-Inch 2.8 Amp Electric 2-in-1 Pole/Hand Held Hedge Trimmer
One of the perfect tools that is very helpful to your gardening works is the Earthwise CVPH41018. It can be extended up to 12-ft. Also, it is adjustable up to 6 positions for cutting. Also, this kind of electric string trimmer can be easily converted to a hand-held trimmer that contains 18-inches blade for cutting.
If you also tend to purchase this kind of string trimmer in the market, then you need to explore first its remarkable features. It is mainly because you can decide whether the product is apt for you or not. For your reference, the following lists are the common best features of the product:
- It can be used in dual design. It has 18 inches pole hedge trimmer that can provide you more comfort when utilizing the gadget.
- It can be rotated in 5 positions. Its rotating head is consists of 150 degrees.
- It offers 2 section of fiberglass pole (lightweight) that contains soft grip for great comfort.
- It has 120 V/ 60 Hz 2.8 Amp. So, you can make sure that the engine will run up to its optimal function.
Most of the gardeners utilize this kind of string trimmer for it gives them more benefits and convenience. Because of this, this kind of product is highly recognized by many people. With its popularity, this product receives an average rating of 4.1 stars out of 5 stars. It is only an indication that this kind of string trimmer is relatively good for any gardening works that you have. For more details and information about the product, you may take a look at the actual product review in any reliable site.
Black & Decker 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Trimmer/Edger
Another great tool for your gardening tasks is the Black & Decker Lithium-Ion Trimmer/Edger. Using this tool can give you more benefits and advantages since it has numerous features that are good for your choice. If you are after for great results for your lawn lots and for your whole garden, then this product must be your priority. For you to know more about its great benefits for you and for all the users, you should know first its best features. The best features of this product are the following lists:
- Convertible to edger â€“ Since it can be easily converted from trimmer to edger, you can even cut along driveways and sidewalks. This is mainly designed as dual purpose for more convenience.
- Offers transmission â€“ With this feature, the machine can ultimately deliver more powerwhen cutting grasses and weeds in your garden.
- Has automatic feed spool â€“ This can make you sure that you will have a continuous work even without bumping or making it stop for some adjustments.
- Has powerful and light sweeper â€“ It can efficiently clears debris from any hard surfacesin your garden.
- Offers 20 V lithium ion batteries â€“ It provides long life span that can also retain its charge for about 5 times higher than NiCad.
With these great features that were cited above, you can have a full guarantee that you will be aided with all your tasks inside your yard or garden, including the proper maintenance of the plants and trees that growing in your jurisdiction. If you want to know more about the special attributes and specs of this product, take a glimpse on the product review in Amazon.
Husqvarna 224L 18-Inch 25cc 4-Stroke Professional Straight Shaft String Trimmer
Husqvarna 224L 4-Stroke Straight Shaft String Trimmer is a perfect tool for professional gardeners. The manufacturer designed this kind of product for great convenience and for quality results as well. Through using the high quality type of string trimmer, you can have an assurance that your gardening works will be done accurately and effectively. So, if you are also after for great results for your gardening works, then you should use Husqvarna 224L as your equipment. These will definitely give your more benefits as it offers best features too. The best features of this product include:
- Has smart start system â€“ It allows you to use the machine without difficulty. You just need tostart up the engine and push the starter push button so as to run and make the machine function.
- No fuel mixing â€“ This type of string trimmer doesnâ€™t require you to combine or mix fuel and oil in order to make it function.
- 25 cc 4 stroke engines â€“ This feature allows you to use the machine very well.
- Offers air purge system- It removes air from fuel system and carburetor so as to start the machine without further hindrances.
- Lightweight â€“ This product is also portable since it only weights 11.24 pounds. You will not be so tired when using the product inside your garden due to its lightweight design.
- Offers 2-year warranty period â€“ This is to ensure that the product that you will buy is really a high quality type. If you will register your product through online, then you can have the chance to extend its warranty period for about 4 years.
If you have some concerns with the trimming on grass or weeds in your garden, then make use of the high quality type of string trimmer. Those high quality string trimmers or the best weed wacker 2014 that can be found in the market can make your weekend tasks more easy and effortless. You need to choose a type of product which will provide you more benefits and advantages so that you will have an assurance that your money will not be put into waste.
If you still want to know the additional special features of the specific product, then you should explore these attributes by visiting the reliable link through online. Amazon would be one of the essential and reliable sites where you can check the actual review of the product. Though we have narrowed down your choices into the top 3 selections of string trimmers, you can still have the opportunity to see the detailed reviews in any reputable site. So, come now and experience the goodness of the string trimmer for your gardening works.
A garden hose holder is vital when you use a hose to water your garden. It will keep your garden hose neat and will decrease the chance of tangles or a kink that in the least can stop the water flowing but at worst can damage or even break your hose.
There are many types and forms of garden hose holders but they can be separated into two main categories: a wall mounted or a free standing garden hose holder. Both have their advantages and disadvantages depending on how large your garden is and where your water source is located.
The variety of hose holders you can get is huge, even a simple hook attached to a wall could be regarded as a garden hose holder wall mount. The more elaborate ones, and usually more expensive as well, hold the entire hose inside a container. Some even have an internal system to automatically retract and extend the hose while you do your gardening.
Types of garden hose holders:
– Basic garden hose holders – these are simple hooks or something similar where you can rest your hose. They can be attached to a wall or placed in the ground.
– Wall mounted hose reels – these can wind and release the hose when it is needed, some by hand and some automatically. Usually they need to be placed near the water source for ease of use.
– Garden hose pot – this type stands on the ground like a pot and you will need to wind the hose into the pot yourself.
– Hose reel carts – the most versatile of the lot as you can wind up the hose and move it where you see fit. Some can be used or converted so you can mount the cart to the wall.
The functionality of an item doesn’t mean it cannot look good, there are also many choices if you want to find a decorative garden hose holder. Usually they are made of metal and come in various shapes and sizes. If you are up for it you might even make your own!
The materials used to make a garden hose holder are fairly limited, most are either made from metal or plastic. The garden hose pot is also available in Terra Cotta.
When you look at the variety and materials you can choose from you can safely say that there is a garden hose holder for every budget. Regardless of the type and price every garden hose holder will help you keep your hose in better condition than without one. If you do not have one yet it’s time to go out and get one.
Making the decision to purchase a weed eater is generally depending on the space you are maintaining and what you will be doing with it. After you have decided on these two situations, your next decision is which is the best string trimmer? This is only decided after you visit their website to gather enough information. Many sites have very detailed information which will help in choosing the right weed eater for your needs.
If your decision to purchase a two-stroke trimmer that uses gas and oil for fuel, you will have to understand the ratio for mixing the correct amounts of both. Manuals for the weed eater you have bought will give you these specifications. A two-stroke trimmer generally uses a mixture of gas and oil, because of its engine making two complete revolutions or combustion cycles within a single rotation of the crankshaft. The engine of the two-stroke trimmer does not use a separate reservoir for lubricating the engine as a car does. It depends on the combination of gas and oil to do the job. Using more oil than is required will clog the engine and using less will damage the parts.
What Oil and Gas to Purchase
Manufactures of the two-stroke trimmer will tell you the specific gasoline and oil to buy for the machine. Gasoline for the trimmer must be unleaded and has an octane rating of 89 or more. This is because leaded gas is heavier and will damage the engine.
Purchasing the oil requires the same care as well, as you will have to know the type whether:
- BIA: Means the oil is certified for use in your engine (not necessarily the weed eater’s engine)
- TCW: Means it causes carbon build-up in the engine (not good)
- TC: Specific for two-cycle engines (perfect for your weed eater)
So now you know the kinds of fuel you will need for your weed eater engine. This is an unleaded gas with oil which is TC ratio specifically for your two-cycle engine.
Mixing the Gas and Oil for Your Weed Eater
Some trimmers packages come with a special container for measuring and mixing both gas and oil. The container has separate compartments specifically indicating the measurements required. When both gas and oil is poured into the different compartments based on the manufacturer’s instructions while pouring into the reservoir of the whacker they automatically mix. This is quite simple. If you do not have this special container you will need to get:
- A clean empty gallon bottle
- A gallon of unleaded gasoline
- Specific two-cycle (TC) oil
- A Magic Marker
Use the magic marker to mark the bottle, as this will be the special container you will use at all times for fueling your trimmer. Fill the bottle with the gasoline and pour the specified amount of oil ( 3.2 fluid ounces)in as well. Place the lid securely on the bottle and mix. Remove the lid after mixing thoroughly, and pour into the weed eater fuel tank. Never mix more fuel than you will use over a three month period.
Owning a trimmer makes it that much easier to do your gardening. The chore of having to take time for cleaning edges, corners and sides of the yard are eliminated. The trimmer is easy to access these places in order to manicure the lawn and give it that clean, finished look, which you can be proud. To make your job easier, you may want to buy a decent trimmer that is easy to carry around for your long trimming sessions.
Maintenance of the trimmer can be daunting, especially if you are a new owner, but it is easy once you get the hang of it. We are going to help you along by giving some simple, easy to follow tips about loading line on your trimmer and some preparation tips as well.
Preparation Tips for Loading Your Trimmer
For starters, Tools you will need:
- A pair of Scissors
- A Measuring tape
- Roll of Trimmer Line
- Enough workspace to accommodate your Trimmer
- After you have collected these tools and settled in the workspace you are ready to begin.
- You have to ensure your trimmer is disconnected from its power source as you do not want to have accidents happening while loading your trimmer string. Remove the trimmer head from the spool which is just a screw on cap that the manufacturers use to keep the spool in place, and it is affixed to the arbor bolt.
- Next, you measure and cut the required length of line needed for the trimmer. Locate the notch or hole on the side of the spool and insert the line. This notch or hole is to prevent the line from dislodging while winding on the line to the spool. (An easy tip for inserting the line comfortably is to cut the line at an angle or fold the line making a small lip.)
- After affixing line into the hole, slowly wind line to spool chamber making sure it is done as neatly as possible. A messy loaded spool will cause the line to not flow easily through the chamber when in operation.
- After winding the line onto the spool chamber, place the end of the line into the notch on the retainer. Snap spool into the retainer and remember to leave about 5 – 6 inches of line out.
- The next step is to feed the remaining 5-6 inches of line through the slot or eyelet of the trimmer head. This will secure the line in place. Please remember to replace any screws, bolts or nobs you may have removed to get to the spool for loading.
Having gone through this simple, basic instructional tips on loading your trimmer, I am sure after doing it a few times you will become professional at it. The main things to remember are:
- Follow the instructions above carefully
- Remember to use the correct size line for loading your trimmer
- It is better to use a bit more line than required as it will enable fully loading the spool properly
- Loading a small amount of line to the spool will have you reloading more frequently than necessary
The gratification you feel after having loaded your trimmer and the results of having a well-manicured lawn are enough. You discovered not all DIY projects are hard.